PhD in Finance and Accounts is a three-year full-time programme that can be extended to five years and covers the fundamentals of finance and accounting. This course is open to candidates who have a Masters degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised organisation with a 55 percent aggregate mark.
PhD in Finance & Accounts is mostly pursued by students who desire to conduct research in the financial and accounting fields while also developing analytical, logical, and time management skills. Candidates must hold a postgraduate degree from a recognised university in the relevant subject.
Admission to the PhD programme in Finance and Accounts is based on the results of the entrance exam, followed by a personal interview session at the college’s counselling centre. For admittance to PhD Finance & Accounts, candidates must take exams such as GATE/NET/JRF/SET, among others.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi, FORE School of Management, NMIMS University, BITS Pilani, and others are among the best colleges for the programme.
The program’s average course fees range from 10,000 to 100,000. The costs differ depending on the college. Scholarships may be available to some of the selected individuals.
There are numerous career opportunities in this field, with companies such as State Bank of India, NBFC, BM Munjal University, and others hiring students for positions such as Teacher/ Lecturer, Banking Manager, Researcher, Economist, and so on. The average pay for freshers ranges from INR 3,00,000 to INR 8,00,000 per year, thanks to the numerous job opportunities accessible.
PhD Finance & Accounts: Eligibility Criteria: Who All can take admission in PhD in Finance and Accounts
- Candidates must have a postgraduate degree from a recognised university in the relevant specialisation.
- Students who have completed the required courses or are in the last year of their studies are eligible to apply for the PhD programme.
- To be admitted to the PhD Finance and Accounts programme, candidates must have a valid entrance examination score, either from a university or a central examination.
- Some colleges also need students to have prior work and research experience in order to be admitted.
PhD Finance & Accounts: Syllabus
Because the PhD in Finance and Accounts is a research-based programme, the syllabus is separated into units in addition to the thesis work.
- Business Environment
- Business Management
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Business Economics
- Financial Management
- Business Statistics and Data Processing
- Human Resource Management
- Banking and Financial Institution –
Aside from normal study, the student must complete a research project under the supervision of a mentor and write a thesis for it in order to complete the course.
PhD Finance & Accounts: Top Colleges for PhD Admission in India
Listed below are some of the top institutes offering the course in India:
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology – [RGIPT] , Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh
- Department of Management Studies IIT Delhi – [DMS IITD], New Delhi
- FORE School of Management – [FSM], New Delhi
- NMIMS University, School of Business Management – [SBM], Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Department of Management – [BITS], Pilani, Rajasthan
- BML Munjal University, School of Management, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Gautam Buddha University, Uttar Pradesh
PhD Finance & Accounts: Job Profile
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Lecturer/ Teacher||A Lecturer/Teacher is in charge of educating and sharing his or her knowledge of accounts and financial management with students.||INR 3,00,000 to INR 6,00,000|
|Banking Manager||A Banking Manager’s role is to oversee all aspects of a bank’s operations, such as sales, promotions, and so on.||INR 4,00,000 to INR 8,00,000|
|Economist||An economist’s job is to examine a variety of topics in order to optimise a company’s profit.||INR 3,00,000 to INR 7,00,000|
After completing the training, the income ranges from INR 3,00,000 to INR 8,00,000, depending on the employment and position. However, after completing this course, there are several work prospects.