Doctor of Philosophy, or Ph.D., is a doctorate degree that focuses on academics and research. In 2021, a national or university-level entrance exam will be used to decide the Ph.D. admission process. The results of entrance exams such as the UGC NET/CSIR NET are used to determine admission to Ph.D. programs.
The full form of Ph.D. is Doctor of Philosophy. Ph.D. stands for a doctoral research degree. A Ph.D. program typically lasts three years, but it can be completed in as short as five.
A Ph.D. requires a master’s degree or an MPhil with a minimum aggregate of 55 percent. If a candidate wishes to pursue a Ph.D. in Engineering and Technology, they must have a valid GATE score. After completing their degrees, students can choose from a variety of Ph.D. employment, with an average compensation of INR 6-9 LPA.
Ph.D. Admission Process 2021
Entrance exams and merit will be used to determine admission to the Ph.D. program in 2021. If a student passes the basic prerequisites for a Doctor of Philosophy, he or she should apply for admission and begin researching other colleges, their degrees, and lecturers.
i) Ph.D. Admission Eligibility
Students who wish to pursue a Ph.D. in India must meet the university’s qualifying requirements. The following are the detailed Ph.D. qualifying criteria for students pursuing an Indian course:
- Holders of a master’s degree are eligible for admission to the doctorate programme. Despite the fact that a Masters in Philosophy (M.Phil) is required for certain topics, obtaining a Ph.D. Candidates should be aware that in some Indian universities, aspirants must achieve a certain percentage (or comparable CGPA) in order to be eligible to enroll for a Ph.D. program.
- To gain admission to several prestigious Indian colleges, an applicant must pass an all-India examination, such as the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET) administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Furthermore, students in their last year of a qualifying master’s degree can apply by presenting authenticated copies of their qualifying degree certificates.
- Admissions to the Ph.D. programs will be based on an interview. If necessary, the interview may be followed by a written examination.
- To pursue a Ph.D. in engineering and technology, candidates must have a valid Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2021) score. In order to apply for a Ph.D. in engineering, he or she must also have completed an M.Tech/ M.E in any engineering area.
- There are many more national-level Ph.D. entrance tests in India that one might take to be qualified for admission to Ph.D. programs.
Students pursuing a doctorate in philosophy may be admitted to colleges without having to take an entrance exam. After submitting a research project overview, students are accepted. Students will be notified after their study proposal has been reviewed.
Candidates for a Doctor of Philosophy degree must complete the fundamental eligibility requirements for a master’s degree with a 50-50 split.
iii) Exam Based
A number of national and institution-specific entrance exams are held for admission to Ph.D. programmes. Before being admitted into the Doctor of Philosophy degree, students may be asked to engage in an interview after completing the entrance exams.
Top Entrance Exam:
Application for Ph.D. courses:
In India, the application process for Ph.D. programmes is available both online and offline. Candidates can obtain the prospectus for their chosen course by writing to the university or downloading it from the university’s website. Application forms must be sent to the appropriate department together with the needed papers.