Ph.D. Rural Development is a three-year doctoral program specializing in rural development and management. It is a research-based full-time program.
Students can learn about the skills and innovative strategies used to revitalize rural communities by taking this course. The course primarily covers topics such as rural development, rural economy, and societal structure, among others.
Applicants must have completed their Master’s degree or M.Phil in any stream with a minimum of 50% (relaxation granted for reserved category candidates) aggregate marks from a recognized university to be eligible for Ph.D. Rural Development course study.
The average tuition fee paid by India’s best Ph.D. Rural Development universities are between INR 15,000 and INR 3,10,000. This course price is largely determined by the colleges to which applicants wish to be admitted.
Depending on their talents and knowledge in the area, such individuals can easily expect an annual pay of INR 2,00,000 to 7,00,000 per annum.
Ph.D. Rural Development Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who intend to pursue a Ph.D. in Rural Development must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this course:
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree, a master’s degree, or any other equivalent degree from a recognised university.
- At the PG level, they must achieve a minimum aggregate score of 50%. Reserved category candidates are eligible for a mark reduction. Candidates must present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities during the admissions period to be eligible for this incentive.
- At the PG/M. Phil level, candidates should not have any backlogs or compartments in any of the topics. If there is any doubt, it should be addressed at the time of admission.
- Some colleges and universities use students’ scores on the Common Entrance Test (CET) to pick the most qualified applicants for this program of study, while others have their own entrance tests.
- Some institutions or universities have their own set of additional requirements (such as research or internships) that applicants must meet.
Ph.D. Rural Development: Course Highlights
|Eligibility||M.Phil. or equivalent research degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/ Entrance Exam Based|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000-3,10,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 18,000-20,000 per month|
|Job Positions||Rural Territory Manager, Business Development Officer, District Development Officer, Social Activist, Banking Correspondent, Researcher, Education Officer etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Infrastructure Development in Rural Areas, Rural Banking, NGOs, Agricultural Development, Policy Framing, Educational Institutes etc.|
Ph.D. Rural Development Top Colleges
|NIRF Rank 2020||College Name||Average Annual Fee|
|44||Panjab University||INR 12,000|
|62||Karnataka University||INR 10,000|
|95||Arul Anandar College||INR 1,000|
|99||Lovely Professional University||INR 79,000|
|101-150||Sri Krishnadevaraya University||INR 31,465|
|151||Kurukshetra University||INR 15,200|
|166||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University||INR 20,667|
|–||University of Science and Technology||INR 96,870|
|–||Birla Global University||INR 55,500|
Ph.D. Rural Development Job Profiles
|Job Profile||Job Description|
|District Development Officer||Their primary duty is to supervise and manage various rural development activities and programs.|
|Social Activist||They are actually active in a variety of actions related to raising awareness and accelerating development at the organizational grassroots level.|
|Banking Correspondent||On behalf of the sponsoring bank or NBFC, they extend various financial facilities in rural communities.|
|Education Officer||Their job is to oversee and manage a variety of government policies and institutions relating to education at the block or panchayat level.|
|Researcher||They must research and analyze rural issues in order to determine the root causes of such challenges.|
List of Ph.D. Courses in India
Ph.D. Admission Process in India
Everything You Should Know About Ph.D. Courses in India