A master’s degree in a specialized field is required to appear for the entrance test for a Ph.D. Physiotherapy, which is a three-year doctorate program.
For those interested in obtaining a Ph.D. Physiotherapy, there are two alternatives.
- The first option is to do a Ph.D. as a full-time candidate who pursues full-time research with the university.
- Second is a Part-time or an Internal candidate where a candidate can pursue as per the time bounds, same as that part-time or an external candidate who is a working professional either in industrial units, college, government departments, research organizations, or other institutions or organizations.
Ph.D. Physiotherapy fees for this program start from INR 5000 per year to INR 6 LPA. These fees solely depend upon the type of the institute.
A candidate who graduates Ph.D. Physiotherapy can join research programs, lecturers, Therapists, etc. The candidate earns INR 5,50,000 LPA in the initial years after some experience and practical knowledge the salary can hike up to INR 10 LPA.
Ph.D. Physiotherapy: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Doctorate of Philosophy in Physiotherapy|
|Minimum Percentage||45 – 50% marks in masters and qualify NET or SET|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 5,000 – 6,00,000 per annum|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum|
Ph.D. Physiotherapy: Eligibility
The following are the eligibility requirements for the Ph.D. Physiotherapy program:
- The candidate must have completed or been in the last year of a master’s degree from a recognized institution or board with a minimum of 45 percent to 50 percent marks.
- Candidates must apply for NET or national level entrance exams and pass them in order to be considered for admission to the colleges.
- Please do refer to the respective college website for getting an idea about the entrance examination and eligibility criteria.
Ph.D. Physiotherapy: Top Colleges
The top colleges that provide Ph.D. Physiotherapy is mentioned in the table below along with the location and fees:
|College/University Name||Average Fees|
|Loyola College, Chennai||INR 1,83,750|
|Presidency College, Chennai||INR 75,000|
|Basanthali University, Jaipur||INR 1,27,500|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi||INR 64,500|
|University of Calcutta, Kolkata||INR 1,12,500|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science, (BITS Pilani), Pilani||INR 1,10,000|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science, Manipal||INR 2,77,000|
|National Institute of Pharmaceutical and Research, Gujarat||INR 1,30,000|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Tamil Nadu||INR 2,00,000|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||INR 2,00,000|
Ph.D. Physiotherapy: Job Profiles
|Job Profiles||Job Description|
|Physiotherapist||A physiotherapist is in charge of examining patients. They are also in charge of psychoanalysis and statistical understanding in order to prepare for front-line actions and agenda initiatives.|
|Lecturer||A lecturer works with colleges and universities to help future students learn and apply the fundamentals of physiotherapy. They also provide facilities to help people enhance their overall well-being as a community.|
|Researcher||Beginning in the early days of teaching disability and physical condition projects, research physiotherapists demonstrate analysis and then deliver statistics. They are also in charge of elevating the firm’s professional standing.|
|Osteopath||An osteopath is a person who helps and counsels people utilizing a variety of techniques such as stretching, touching, and so on.|
|Consultant||Patients that seek therapy from them are provided with direct services.|
List of Ph.D. Courses in India
Ph.D. Admission Process in India
Everything You Should Know About Ph.D. Courses in India