Ph.D. Textiles is a doctoral-level Fine Arts program. Textile Designing is the process of creating sewed, woven, and non-woven texture plans and structures. The textile design brings together imaginative plans and innovation in a way that is both coordinated and harmonious.
This program aims to provide designers with a comprehensive understanding of global design trends and requirements. It emphasizes structural conception, creative inquiry, imaginative application, and aesthetic articulation, and provides a plan-centered environment for students to pursue their chosen path to develop a range of configuration-based, fundamental leadership abilities required in the design industry.
The degree program provides unique educational and research opportunities in the areas of material materials, structures, and developments, as well as machine and procedure design.
Ph.D. Textiles Eligibility
- To be admitted to a Ph.D. program, you must have a Master’s degree. In some fields, finishing a Masters’s in Philosophy (M.Phil.) is required before beginning a Ph.D. program.
- In cases where confirmation at the M.Phil. level has been directed through a selection test and course work has been recommended at the M.Phil. level, M.Phil. applicants will not be required to attempt a placement test or course work when admitted to Ph.D. projects and will be considered to have agreed to the UGC (Minimum guidelines and methodology for grant M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree).
- In some situations, where a rival has completed an M.Phil. at one college and subsequently transferred to another for a Ph.D., the new college may provide credit and absolve the previous college’s course work. In any event, such a rival should appear in the passage test as relevant to a new entrant joining Ph.D. lawfully. This strategy will be used in the case of up-and-comers who have also obtained a Ph.D. from another country.
Ph.D. Textiles: Course Highlights
A handful of the program’s major highlights are listed below.
|Program Full Name||DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN TEXTILE|
|Duration of the Program||3 Years|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Merit-Based|
|Average Program Fee||Rs. 2 Lakh – Rs. 3 Lakh|
Ph.D. Textiles Colleges in India
- Apex University
- Avinashilingam – Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women
- Government M.H. College of Home Science and Science for Women (Autonomous)
- Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology
- Mother Teresa Women’s University
- IIS University – International College for Girls – ICG
The spinning, weaving, processing, and trade sections make up the textile industry. Diploma holders are frequently hired by departments. Managers, Textile designers, Production Managers or Supervisors, and Marketing Executives are among the positions available to graduates and postgraduates.
There are additional research opportunities. Textile Chemical Processing, Fabric Manufacturing Laboratories, Textile Testing Laboratories, Computers, and Microprocessors Laboratories, Yarn Manufacturing Laboratories, and Fiber Production Laboratories in a variety of fields, primarily medical, agro, and geotextiles, provide research opportunities.
Among the key recruiting bodies are design studios, textile factories, handloom cooperatives, and export businesses. Research enthusiasts can apply for a fellowship by taking the UGC CSIR National Eligibility Test, which also qualifies them for a lectureship. As a Lecturer, one might enter the teaching field at any of the colleges that offer textile degrees.